Many people register their sons for Radley at a very young age, paying £100. If you have done so, and you received an email to say your son is on the Provisional List (or Radley List) then please see the Timetable below for Radley List applicants.
Timetable for Radley List
Mid May, Year 5: Receive conditional offer which will include:
- A Radley List Entry Form (deadline will be mid-May, Year 5).
- Information about Socials and instructions to contact the Registrar to choose three Socials to visit.
- Instructions to ask your son’s current Head regarding our entry system, in particular, the deadline for your son's report to be sent to us by mid to end of January.
End June, Year 5: Radley List Visiting Day: A chance to hear the Warden speak, tour the school, and see a Social.
September to January, Year 6: Visit to Socials and, on the same day, your son will be interviewed.
30th November, Year 6: Deadline for Radley List boys to sit the ISEB Common pre-test (to be organised and sat at your son’s current school or at a registered invigilation centre). The test is a standardised, age-adaptive measure of ability and attainment. It takes the form of an online assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions in Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, English and Mathematics. The tests take approximately two-and-a-half hours to complete and can be taken together or at separate times.
By 1st March, Year 6: Results sent to Radley List boys as follows.
- A List: Unconditional offers will be sent to those on the A List (those that pass at the equivalent of 60% and who have impressed at interview) and a non-refundable acceptance fee will be required at this stage. These boys will only be required to sit Common Entrance (Maths, English, Science) at 13+ largely for setting purposes. Parents of A List boys will also be informed where their son is on our Social Lists.
- B List: No offers will be made to those candidates who are place on the B list. They can join our waiting lists, but are unlikely to gain a place at a later date.