In the Lent Term, the Football club boasts 12 teams throughout the Junior Colts to Senior age groups. The Removes, boys who have not rowed in their Shell year and have not already been selected for JC1 Hockey will be invited to trial for JC1 football in the Michaelmas Term (15 boys selected). After the Hockey Club have then fulfilled their JC2-4 squads, the JC2 football squad will be selected. Anyone may choose to play football from Fifth form and beyond.
The club participates in an ISFA Southern Independent Schools Lent Term League alongside the best footballing schools: Harrow, Tonbridge, St John's, Haileybury, Epsom and St. Paul’s. We also include a number of local friendly fixtures on our fixture card. The 1st XI participates in the LB Cup, which they won in 2016 and 2017, and also back in 2011. These victories follow a number of great performances in previous years when Radley reached the final in 2012 and 2014.
Football Sports Pathway
- In the Michaelmas Term there are weekly pre-season training sessions for Senior 1st/2nds players and ISFA Trials for selected players.
- Shells can opt for Football in Monday Activities and some Removes and Fifths can choose Football as part of the Alternative Sports Programme.
- During the Lent Term Football is available for select Removes (depending on their hockey and rowing commitments) through to 6.2 at least four days a week. Currently there are six Senior teams (6.1 and 6.2), four Colts teams (Fifths) and three Junior Colts (Removes) teams.
- In addition to regular training and specialist coaching sessions, external fixtures are arranged in the form of friendlies, League and Cup matches. Results and fixtures are available online for further information.
- Inter-Social Football competitions take place during Lent Term.
- A 4/5 day pre-season training camp takes place every year before term starts in either December or January for the Senior squad.